Okay...so I don't really know if I ran a 10k, but I'll get to that in a minute. My very first race was at Disneyland and I can't think of a better place to have this experience. Also, where else could you feel comfortable enough to run with mouse ears?!? I have to give the credit to Rachel because it was her idea and it wasn't only a race, but it was a girl's night away at the most magical place on earth!
Rachel, Erika and I drove up the night before the race and got our packets and numbers. Of course, we had to enjoy our time away from our kids and we had so much fun riding the rides and “carbing up” at Rainforest Cafe, but we turned in pretty early that night because the race was early the next morning.
We got up, got dressed, put on our mouse ears and we were out the door. Unfortunately for me, as we were just about to the starting line, I realized I'd left my number back in our hotel room. I said good-bye to my friends not knowing if I'd be able to find them again because of the thousands of people there and I started running back to the hotel room to retrieve my number. I swear it was about three miles round trip, but I hurried so fast that I was able to find them and we were able to start the race together. Needless to say, I felt like I'd already ran my 5k and now I had to start another. Oh well, I made it, we ran the race and we had so much fun running through the streets of Disneyland and California Adventure. 









No comments:
Post a Comment