Well...I am a blogger! I swore I'd never, ever watch American Idol...now I'm addicted. I swore I'd never, ever read the Twilight series...I've read them twice. I've learned to NEVER SAY NEVER because I swore I'dnever, ever create a blog and look at me now...I AM A BLOGGER! How can I not blog now that we live in Cali? We love it here and we want to share our memories with our friends and family. Enjoy our crazy family...we do!!!
Things My Children Say That Make Me Laugh, Cry, or Scream
4/11 Me: Caroline do you have to go potty? C: No! I mean yes! That's my choice... no and yes. Me: Don't you kind of have to choose one or the other? C: No! That's my choice because yes I do have to go potty, but I said no because I don't want to go potty.
11/10 Hayes: Mom, you know how you can see dad's muscles and he doesn’t even have to flex? Me: Of course! Hayes: My muscles are just like dad's...except mine are just littler lumps.
10/10 Caroline told her dad this "daddy, I don't feel very good, I need to go shopping." Hmmm...I wonder where she gets that from???
5/10 S: There’s a guy at school I need to pray for b/c he has leprosy. Me: We can't get that anymore in the U.S. S: Uh-huh, I saw his leprosy. He fell down and there was a lot of blood, his skin on his knee was gone and that’s called leprosy. Do you think Heavenly Father will wrap him like a mummy to get rid of his leprosy? Me: I think maybe that’s something you need to pray about!
7/10 C was eating an orange and watching our blue beta fish "Cosmo" swimming in his bowl. I stopped her as she was about to share her orange with the fish. This is how the conversation went from there. Me: Honey don’t feed the fish your orange. C: But Cosmo is so hungry. Me: Your orange could kill Cosmo. C: But Mommy, the fish wants to die. :/
8/10 So yesterday Scott and I were going to pick up his b-day cake and do some last minute errands for his party and a very excited Scott piped up with this: S: Mom, I've been waiting ten years to turn five years old. Me: Really...how is that possible? (short pause while Scotty's thinking) S: Mom (he said it more like mooommmmm) I was waiting up in heaven too!
3/10 Ever seen “Fun With Dick & Jane”? You know how the little boy picks up a Spanish accent from his nanny? Caroline’s wonderful, sweet preschool teacher is Middle-Eastern and Caroline has picked up a few things from her . This morning, Scotty accidentally bumped into her and when he apologized she said, (insert Middle-Eastern accent) “It’s ok, this is nothing”. Love it!!!
3/10 Scotty: Mom, guess what? I just cleaned my whole room without you even asking me. Me: Wow, that is so helpful! Scotty: I know...right?!? Guess what I did with everything? I put it all under my bed so I'll know exactly where to find it!
12/09 As we were driving home tonight from a Christmas party we enjoyed looking at Christmas lights. Scotty was especially fascinated by the bright blinking lights on the palm trees. However, he was very concerned about all of the snowmen we saw on the lawns without any snow. Then it dawned on him and he said, “Oh I get it…...they’re not melting because there must be magic in that old silk hat Frosty found.”
11/09 Ty asked Chris what movies he rented at Blockbuster and Chris answered "Neverending Story" (a fav of ours growing up). Ty said, "I don't want to watch that if it never ends!".
11/09 Another Scotty moment...."Mom, is this life real or is it all just a dream?” I assured him it was all very real and then he replied "It could just be a nightmare". HA! LOVE HIM!
11/09 Scott: Mom, what’s the name of that present passer? Me: Ummm…what??? Scott: Who’s that present passer guy? Me: Do you mean Santa Claus? Scott: Yes, that’s him…when’s he going to pass out s’more presents?
10/09 Ty was trying to be so brave about getting his flu shot. The nurse told him that she was ready and to prepare himself….he closed his eyes and held his breath and after she gave him the shot she said, “Okay brave boy you’re done” he looked up at the nurse and asked "Did it hurt?".
10/09 In his bedtime prayer Scotty prayed that Heavenly Father would drive safely back to heaven.
3/09 I've mentioned Ty has an extreme fascitnation with sharks. Tonight, while tucking him in and giving hugs and kisses he said "Mom...I love you like a shark". He must TRULY love me after all!
2/09 Caroline said the funniest thing today and daddy got to hear it too--that always makes it more special. She said "WOW...SWEET". So, so funny! She learned it from Ty--he always says that.
2/09 Today was our Stake Conference and Elder Ballard made a surprise visit. It was an amazing meeting and I asked Ty what his favorite part was...he replied "going home".
2/09 Caroline is talking so much at 19 mos. Her latest is OOOOH SICK, book and bye--see you.
11/08 Hayes said he wasn't feeling well because he had a temper. He grabbed my hand and put it on his forehead and said, "Mom, can you feel my temper?"
10/08 When Scotty said his prayer tonight he said, "Please bless my father to come home safely and please bless my girls". After his prayer I asked "who are your girls", he said "you, Caroline and Leah" (pronounced Weha). Leah is his little friend that he played with today. SO CUTE!
10/08 Ty just asked me, totally out of the blue "Why don't we get special treats...like Scooby Doo does?"
10/08 Scotty's preschool teacher told me he sat down next to her and used his famous line, 'HELLLOOO GORGEOUSSS". If you know Scotty at all, you've probably heard him say it, he's been saying it since he was two, but now, he's won his teacher's heart. She says he is now her favorite student! He's my silver-tongue-smooth-talkin'-Romeo!
10/08 Tyler asked "Why are we always moving? Can't we just plant ourselves into roots?". Also, yesterday after school, when I pulled into our driveway Tyler asked, "(sigh) Are we in San Diego yet?" When we moved from Utah the kids were really excited to move to San Diego and the first house we lived in they called it " the San Diego house". It hasn't sunk in it yet, that the the new house we moved into, the snail house (the kids call it the snail house because of the all the snails in the yard) is indeed in San Diego and is our new, temporary home...until we decide where we want to buy a home and move again. (SIGH)
9/08 I took Ty to get a haircut today and the lady cutting his hair made the comment that she likes his bangs shorter so you can see his pretty eyes. He looked up at her and in a very dramatic way, batted his eyelashes at her. Then, he looked at me and did the same and also, at the lady getting her hair done next to him. He continued to bat his eyelashes at everyone as we were leaving the salon. Very funny! I guess it's like they say, "If you got it...flaunt it!".
9/08 Scott just said to me, "Mommmm, you're such a bad, evil guy". Why am I always the villian and never the super-hero???
9/08 After I got all the kids to bed last night, Hayes popped his head out of his bedroom door and said, "Mom, I'm really feeling the Spirit", I asked him to sit down and tell me about it and he said, "I was praying and I repented of all of my sins, and I asked Heavenly Father to forgive me. I really felt the Spirit in my heart and even kind of in my head". As he was telling me this, I really felt the Spirit too....it was a really sweet, first experience with the Holy Ghost, one that I hope Hayes remembers for the rest of his life.
9/08 When Scotty was talking about how big he's getting he described it like this, "Mom, my head is getting so high".
No comments:
Post a Comment