Slideshow (click on it for a better view)

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Way Too Much T.V.!!!

You know your kids have been watching way too much T.V. when they pipe up with ad blurbs in everyday conversation!
When Ty got home from school he hopped up on the couch and took of his shoes and socks. His feet were covered with white fuzzies from his brand new socks and he looked up at me and said, "Mom, what a mess...we definitely need some Oxy Clean to take care of this".
Over the summer when we weren't sitting around watching television, we'd try to go to the beach as much as possible! One time on the way to the beach, we decided to stop and get Subway sandwiches and when I drove into the parking lot Tyler--who doesn't read yet-- yelled out "SUBWAY EAT FLESH" then Hayes couldn't resist correcting him with "SUBWAY EAT FRESH". Ty informed him we'd have to immediately turn the car around and go home to turn on the television and prove that it is in fact, "SUBWAY EAT FLESH".
Tyler asked me the other night when he was helping me set the table by filling the cups with ice water, "Mom, why can't we drink carp-i-cana instead of water", and when I asked him what carp-i-cana is, he simply said, "Mom, it's orange juice!". I concluded that he was talking about Tropicana.
In my defense, it has been a really long summer. The kids have been out of school since the end of April because of our move to Cali. So when I was tired of playing mommy, referee and tour guide at the same time...we'd watch a little television. Hopefully, now that they are back in school they will spend more time reading books!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I don't know what's worse. Kids knowing commercials or them being able to recognize all the retail stores around. When Hayden was little, she could recognize everything from Kohl's to the Cheesecake factory to Target (& everything in between). My neighbors got a kick out it. They would tease me about taking her shopping to much. I would just respond by saying there wasn't anything else to do when it's 115 degrees outside!!! Oh well, it's amazing what kids pick up on!! Take care.