Slideshow (click on it for a better view)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Holidays in Utah

Driving out to Utah by myself, for the second time in six months...with four kids was an adventure, to say the least. I felt so empowered and such a sense of accomplishment after I arrived, but NOT during the drive itself. As I'm in the moment, all I can do for ten hours is think "WHAT WAS I THINKING"! When I have finally arrived at our destination with all five of us still breathing (driving isn't the only risk when travelling with four small children...more like mommy on the brink of insanity is the much bigger risk!) I think wow...we did it! I felt like I had just conquered the world. I really hope to never do it again, though!
We had such a great time seeing friends and family! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

Ben, Emily and I spent part of our New Years Eve in the kitchen creating our own, customized to our liking, hor'dourves. It turned out delicious and the best part was...WE DIDN'T SHARE! hehehehe :)

Rick had a little too much to drink....Red Bull!

RED BULL! RED BULL! RED BULL! RED BULL! RED BULL! RED BULL! RED BULL!

We celebrated Christmas and birthdays with the Shoffs in Midway.
Hayes is so lucky he was born right on Christmas day (we keep reminding him of that!).

I had so much fun going to lunch with my girlfriends! We missed Trista...she had a miscarriage that day, but our thoughts and prayers have been with her.
We celebrated my mom and my sister's birthdays. Best bread sticks ever! GOOD TIMES!
Last but not least, my brother Brent (coolest brother and uncle EVER) helped us get our snowmobile started and we tore it up! So much fun!!!! Shawn and Scott are on the sled, Hayes, Brent, Ty are on the snowmobile.
Shawn and Scott

Ty


We had such a great time seeing everyone and playing in the snow!

3 comments:

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

HAHAHA! That is the funniest pic of Ricky! I can't wait to show him! We had SOOOOO much fun with you guys over the holidays, and I look forward to the in-lawed children getting together again one holiday night, and creating more delicious masterpieces!

PS I would LOOOOVVVEEE to come there!

Kim Allsup said...

I have driven back to OK from Ut twice now by myself and the kids. It gets easier, and I know what to expect. I am going to do it again in June..... I love my stays in Ut with the family.... It looks like you had a great time!

Rachel said...

I'm so behind on my blogging! (and keeping up)

I loved the pictures! That was a funny night with Ricky. It was wonderful to see you.

We miss you guys!!