Slideshow (click on it for a better view)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had the most incredible Thanksgiving ever! Here's a list of my favorite 2008 Thanksgiving events:
1. Going to Disneyland with my children. It was my first time and being able to experience that with my kids and husband was priceless. Undeniably, one of my most favorite memories ever!
2.Having the Shoff clan in our home! It was so amazing to share our home with our family when we live so far away.
3. I loved being in the kitchen with all of the Shoff ladies! I"m always in awe when I see what an amazing cook my mother-in-law is. She was up at the crack of dawn getting ready for the dinner at 3:00--truly selfless. I LOVED cooking along side Amanda and Emily too! Both of which are amazing cooks (YOU ARE AMANDA!).
4. All of the grand kids played together so well! We didn't have any incidents! A true miracle because we had seven kids under the age of seven. My kids STILL talk about how much fun they had with their cousins.
5. Playing Mafia. I know some of you don't like it so much, but we always have so much fun playing. Carl is always the Mafia (according to Mary Ann), Jake is the worst Mafia player ever (according to Jake) WHATEVER! Emily and Amanda don't think they're good...but that's their strategy because they're very good...sneaky! Ben can't lie to Amanda, Rick and James always blame each other, Chris throws money down to prove his innocence and finally....thank goodness Becca, sweet Becca, can't lie to her daddy!!! I just think everyone is a bunch of liars and I CAN'T STAND THE DECEIT! BTW, James needs an honorable mention...he fooled us all! One of the greatest victories of all time!
6. We had so much fun at the beach. I love watching the wuffle ball game and the kids playing in the sand.
7. Finally, being thankful for all of our blessings that the Lord has given us. We felt so much gratitude being surrounded by our loved ones (we missed Ben and Rachel's family dearly!)and we enjoyed a most delicious Thanksgiving feast!!!

2 comments:

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

WE had SOOO much fun! We miss and love you!

Kelly said...

I've been a blog neglector too, no worries!
You look so cute in your apron cooking! And your house is beautiful! No wonder you love it!