Slideshow (click on it for a better view)

Saturday, February 21, 2009

William Hayes Shoff's Baptism

This was one of the most memorable events of my life. Out of all the people I taught and saw baptized on my mission...I don't think that there were any as prepared as Hayes. Chris and I prepared our FHE lessons specifically to help Hayes prepare for his baptism and to make sure he knew and understood the commitment he was making by becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ. It was almost too easy! He has had such devoted Primary teachers, friends, family and other amazing examples that have influenced and taught him so well, that it made our job easy.

We read from the Book Of Mormon every night as a family and we accomplished our goal to read the entire book together. Hayes, also read many nights on his own and memorized scriptures, which amazes me, not simply because he's memorized verses, but because how accurately he did it. His favorite scripture that he has memorized is 1 Nephi 3:7.

Chris and I couldn't be more proud of our son and his decision to be baptized. Hayes, we love you and we're so grateful for the example you are to us, your siblings, your cousins, teachers and friends. You are the best Christmas present we could ever receive. Your dad and I planned to get married in June, but after much thought and prayer, WE KNEW we needed to get married in January....you were born the following December. I believe with all of my heart that we felt the urgency to move our wedding date up so you could join our little family precisely when you did.

We asked Hayes where he wanted to be baptized and he adamantly replied, "in Utah". Thanks Mama and Papa Shoff for all of your preparation and help! Thanks everyone who participated in the program and drove through snow and canyons to attend. We love you!









Midway 5th Ward Baptismal Service

January 3, 2009

Presiding and Conduction: Chuck Wolf

Opening Song: Families Can Be Together Forever

Chorister: Sonia Robertson

Pianists: Rebecca Shoff and David Criddle

Invocation: Roger Bailey

Introduction of Baptismal Candidate: Mary Ann Shoff

Talk on Baptism: James Shoff

Baptism of Hayes Shoff: Christopher Shoff

Musical Number: Rachel and Katelyn Schmuhl

Talk on Holy Ghost: Rick Shoff

Confirmation: Christopher Shoff

Closing Song: I Love to See the Temple

Benediction: Dianne Shoff






4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats! It's so crazy to see him all grown up. The only pictures I have of him are from the beach that one time we went.

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

I still have his card for his baptism! I have to get it in the mail! It was a great day! So special for Hayes! Love ya!

Thunderbay said...

Good to hear from you :) Your blog is so cute and I love your post about Hayes. I am so proud of him and your good parents for preparing your FHE lessons around baptism. Me and Kev are doing well just keeping busy. I finally finished my Masters Degree last week and I am so EXCITED to be completely finished. I would love to come and go to the beach that would be a blast! I'll tell Kev... Kev says HI :)

Jennalee said...

Dianne!!! Congratulations on your sons' baptism! How exciting and wonderful! The only thing I can say that I probably shouldn't...and that's my secret superhero power...HA...is, boy that makes me feel old! What a great family you have! Congrats again!