Slideshow (click on it for a better view)

Friday, September 26, 2008

Every Girl is Crazy About a Sharp Dressed Man--In Glasses!

No, I'm not talking about my hot, sexy hubby. However, he does dress very nice and he has more shoes than I do...he hates it when I say that! (heehee) Anyway, I'm talking about Hayes! He looks so handsome in his Quicksilver shirts and plaid shorts, it's all he'll wear and I have to admit I think he's the most handsome, best dressed kid in his class (admit it...every mom thinks that about her own child!). Jolie, (Hayes' classmate) will most definitely agree with me! Whenever she sees him she gets all giggly and I didn't know someone could turn that shade of red! She apparently teases him relentlessly throughout the day and today, she even brought him a necklace, it was actually pretty cool too. He LOVES the attention...NOT that he'd admit it, he says that she makes him crazy! Deep down in Hayes' sweet, tender little heart, I think he's grateful for her adoration....he has been really homesick for Utah and he misses his friends! I think having a little groupie has helped him feel a little more confident around his guy friends and at his new school! She was the first to notice his new haircut...and also the first to notice his new glasses....and that is what this post is really about, my Hayes had to get glasses...
It all started when I received a phone call from Nurse Cathy (the school-nurse). She told me Hayes' teacher sent him down to see her for an eye test because he couldn't see the whiteboard (the first time I told this story I said chalkboard and Hayes quickly corrected me and said, "Mom, we don't use a chalkboard....only at church!"--WHATEVER!). It turned out his eyes are kind of bad and we quickly got him an eye exam and voila...here are some pics of him having his first eye exam and his new glasses. I probably spent way too much on them, but it is really hard to find cool, boy glasses, but these are very bendy so hopefully, they will last awhile. I think they are decent and definitely the best of what little selection they had! I looked online and found some really cool ones, but of course, they weren't available at our Doctor's office and would take several weeks to order! He was really struggling to see in class, so we decided to go with the quicker option. I like them and I think he looks older and so very, very much like his dad!

12 comments:

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

Yes, he is a blond Chris. Oh how I miss seeing you and your kids. He is SO good looking. Just tell him that now everyone can REALLY get a close up of how beautiful his eyes are...... Loves~

Rachel said...

WOW! He really does look a lot like Chris! Kate says that he looks "so handsome", and then said "What a stud"! LOL

Lindsey said...

He looks so grown up now with his new glasses. What a handsome kid!

calmrapids said...

It's fun to see your very cute family! Thanks for sending us a link. Keep in touch,
Liz (Chris's cousin)

Travis and Sophi said...

love the pics. They're backs by the ocean is priceless. A ripstick looks like a skateboard but only has 2 wheels(front & back) and twist in the middle so it's hard to get balance.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, is he ever handsome and so CUTE in his glasses!!! Yes, he does look great in his spectacles...uh, glasses.(And I DO see mini Christopher!!!)

How wonderful that he can now see. I still remember in 4th grade, the day I got my glasses and realized all the beautiful world I could now see crystal clear and all that I was missing before. What a blessing!!!

You Go BOY!!!
Hugs, Gramma Mary Ann

Ari said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I love the part on your web about things that your kids say. I was hoping that you wouldn't mind if I put my own verse on my web. Would that be all right with you? Didn't want to step on toes.
Thanks,
Ari

Jennalee said...

Very Cute!!! He does look like his Daddy! Very nice Blog Dianne! I gotta say I LOVED the kid quotes! Kids say the best stuff, even if it does make you wanna pull your hair out, occasionally! I read your blog, and others' blogs that revolve around families, and am GREATFUL there are good people out there raising good children! Sometimes it is just a good reminder for us Californians(and everybody else too)! Have a good one!!!

Willardson Family said...

You guys have beautiful kids! You better keep making them. They are just to cute!

Cyndi said...

He looks just like Chris!!! So glad you guys are doing well. Enjoy the weather there, we have a chance for snow this weekend. Not so happy about that :(

Dani said...

He really is quite handsome! Good choice for the glasses, they look great.

Kelly said...

Wow! Does he ever! I can still see you in him too tho. We miss you guys!